Quality five star luxury self-catering accommodation
for 7 plus cots - also available for couples
Architecturally interesting this spacious and light filled stone estate lodge, built in the 1890's, exudes warmth and comfort all year round and is ideal for large family groups.
The ground floor
The stunning & luxuriously carpeted lounge, with original bay window, comfortably seats nine and features an old inglenook fireplace with log burning stove. Baskets with logs in winter and fresh flowers in summer are provided. Wi-Fi, Wide screen TV, Sky and a music system provide entertainment indoors.
From the lounge a ½ glazed door leads to a verandah with seating and garden borders.
Off the lounge there is a separate dining room opening onto an attractive bespoke kitchen with granite tops and state of the art appliances.
A separate laundry and boot room leads off with a door to an enclosed private courtyard - ideal for alfresco dining. A downstairs cloakroom and hall, with antiqued oak floors throughout, completes the picture.
The first floor
From the inner hall the original staircase leads to the 4 bedrooms upstairs: 2 double with ensuites and 1 twin and 1 single with the use of a shower/wet room.
The master bedroom has a 6 foot bed and features the original Edwardian fireplace, separate dressing room and TV. The luxurious ensuite has a large double ended bath with separate walk in shower. Both rooms have wonderful views of the garden.
The second double bedroom is accessed by a separate passageway and features a high vaulted ceiling with exposed beams and dormer window with a TV. The ensuite is stylish with a double ended bath and hand held shower.
There is a twin bedroom with original coal fire and views out over the valley. The fourth is single and cosy, overlooking the rear courtyard and farmland.
- Recently extended and refurbished to 5 star luxury standard.
- Equipped with WiFi, Sky TV, DVD/Video, Cassette/CD/Radio.
- On-site off road secure parking.
- Dishwasher and all linen and towels provided.
- Oil-fired central heating throughout.
- Log burning stove - logs and coal provided.
- Children most welcome
- Adventure play area
- Electronically gated for privacy & security.
- Local riverside village of Haydon Bridge with all amenities including railway station Co-op with Post Office newsagents, pubs, restaurant and takeaways.
- Hexham, nearby has supermarkets, Leisure Centre, swimming pool, Library, Queens Hall Arts Centre, Abbey, Border History Museum and numerous pubs and restaurants.
- Prices are all inclusive
- Open all year. Sat - Sat bookings and weekend breaks.
- Sorry no pets ( we are in sheeprearing country).
- ¼ mile of private fishing (salmon and trout) on River South Tyne (by arrangement).
- Fly casting tuition by arrangement – our ghillie is an accredited Hardy Academy instructor.
- 65 acre woodland estate - ancient woodland walks and picnics.
- Day trips to Lake District, Borders, Scotland, Durham Cathedral World Heritage Site and Heritage Coast of Northumberland.