The Orchard Barn
Quality five star luxury gold award self-catering accommodation for 2
Cosy and comfortable the studio style stone barn overlooks the old orchard and the high wall of the original kitchen garden and is approached from a stone path. The accommodation is all ground floor and is suitable for disability level 1.
Double French doors open onto an enclosed stone patio with garden furniture and BBQ. Inside, a king-size bed, stunning high vaulted ceilings with exposed beams, chandeliers, antique oak floors and a log burning stove create luxury, character and warmth.
A compact open plan kitchen with a window to the garden includes a dishwasher, washing machine/drier and every modern appliance required. A separate bathroom has a large shower with W.C., wash hand basin, shaver point and heated towel rail. Disability level 1.
- Recently extended and refurbished to 5 star luxury standard.
- Equipped with WiFi, Sky TV, DVD/Video, Cassette/CD/Radio.
- Electronically gated for privacy & security.
- On-site off road secure parking.
- Dishwasher and all linen and towels provided.
- Oil-fired central heating throughout.
- Log burning stove - logs and coal provided.
- Children most welcome
- Adventure play area
- Local riverside village of Haydon Bridge with all amenities including railway station Co-op with Post Office newsagents, pubs, restaurant and takeaways.
- Hexham, nearby has supermarkets, Leisure Centre, swimming pool, Library, Queens Hall Arts Centre, Abbey, Border History Museum and numerous pubs and restaurants.
- Prices are all inclusive
- Open all year. Sat - Sat bookings and weekend breaks.
- Sorry no pets ( we are in sheeprearing country).
- ¼ mile of private fishing (salmon and trout) on River South Tyne (by arrangement).
- Fly casting tuition by arrangement – our ghillie is an accredited Hardy Academy instructor.
- 65 acre woodland estate - ancient woodland walks and picnics.
- Day trips to Lake District, Borders, Scotland, Durham Cathedral World Heritage Site and Heritage Coast of Northumberland.
- Can be let with Brokenheugh Lodge to accommodate a total of 9 people + cots.